Multilayer switch refurbished module (MSM) for Catalyst 6000 Family
switches combines sophisticated Cisco IOS software features with advanced
ASIC technology to support wire-speed multiprotocol routing in a compact,
manageable platform. The MSM enables Catalyst 6000 Family customers to
deploy very high-performance multiprotocol, multilayer switch services in
the distribution/backbone of their network to support wiring closet
- The MSM may be deployed in a single slot
(no slot dependency) of either the Catalyst 600X or Catalyst 650X.
- Multiple MSM modules can be configured
in a single platform for redundancy and high availability. The MSM
module is hot swappable and can be removed or replaced without
resetting any other modules within the chassis.
- The MSM is integrated directly onto the
Catalyst 6000 Family multigigabit switching backplane enabling the MSM
module's ASIC technology to be fully utilized for Layer 3 performance
of up to 4-6 million packets per second.
- The MSM is fully compatible with all
line cards in the Catalyst 6000 Family platforms, including 10/100
modules (RJ-45, RJ-21), 100Base-FX, Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-SX, LX/LH),
and is supported by the Supervisor 1 module.
- Supports a wide range of IP, IPX, and IP
multicast routing protocols, including IGRP and EIGRP, OSPF, RIP and
RIP II, PIM (sparse and dense mode), DVMRP interoperability, and IPX
- Supports other features supported
including DHCP, IPX SAP, HSRP, CGMP, ICMP, IGMP, IRDP, and BOOTP.
- Supports port-based VLAN and up to 64
- Supports a wide variety of SNMP with